Both Ancient and Modern, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has a great deal to offer everyone who’s looking for a safe and natural way to feel better and truly heal from illness or injury. Here in the U.S., Acupuncture is an umbrella term that includes a variety of treatment modalities, many not involving needles at all. With this selection of tools we can stimulate movement and engage the body’s natural healing abilities. Modern research has shown these methods to be effective in treating a variety of issues from Chronic or Acute Pain, Fatigue, Allergies, Headaches, Digestive Issues, Anxiety, PTSD and more.
The foundation of the TCM model is an understanding that as in Nature, all humans are constantly changing and the driving force behind that change is the interaction of opposing forces such as Heat & Cold, Excess & Deficiency, Movement Inward & Movement Outward, or Yin vs Yang for short. When the body starts to lose its ability to adapt to internal and external insults, then disease or compromised healing ensues. TCM seeks to improve your natural capacity for adaptation. Whether longstanding or more recent, addressing those imbalances will improve the wellness of the whole system. Applying this simple yet elegant approach to disease can be both a stand-alone healing strategy or seamlessly integrated to support virtually any other treatment style.
Common Benefits of Acupuncture Treatment Include:
- Acute Injury: Pain relief, Improved Range of Motion, Reduced Swelling, Decreased Healing Time, Decreased Reliance on Pain Medication, Improved Circulation and Sensation
- Chronic Pain: Investigation of Possible Root Causes, Optimization of Nervous System Communication, Decrease in Sympathetic Tone
- Sports Medicine: Assessment of Muscular Imbalances, Promotion of Optimal Joint Movement and Strength, Increased Flexibility, Postural Improvement
- Stress and Burnout: Deep Relaxation, Reduced Anxiety, Less Brain Fog, Improved Energy Stability, More Restful Sleep
- Digestive Issues: Stomach Pain Relief, Reduced Bloating, Improved Motility and Absorption, Diarrhea Relief, Constipation Relief , Gastric Ulcer Resolution, Cramping Relief
- Immune Support: Relief from Common Cold and Sore Throat, Increased Resilience
- Addiction Support: Emotional Eating, Chemical Dependence, Smoking Resolution
- Emotional: Improved Sense of Connection, Insomnia Relief, Support for Grief, Fear, Indecision, Irritability, PMS
- Sense Organs : Relief from Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Issues; Skin Disease Improvement
- Cosmetic: Smooth Fine Lines and Wrinkles, Improved Collagen Production, Acne Relief